We all want to save money on our water bills, but we don’t want to be inconvenienced, Here are a few ways to save water without even noticing it! And so you know, summertime is when we waste the most water!
- For cold drinks keep a pitcher of water in the refrigerator instead of running the tap. This way, every drop goes down you and not the drain.
- Monitor your water bill for unusually high use. Your bill and water meter are tools that can help you discover leaks.
- Water your lawn and garden in the morning or evening when temperatures are cooler to minimize evaporation.
- Wash your fruits and vegetables in a pan of water instead of running water from the tap.
- Spreading a layer of organic mulch around plants retains moisture and saves water, time and money.
- Use a broom instead of a hose to clean your driveway and sidewalk and save water every time.
- If your shower fills a one-gallon bucket in less than 20 seconds, replace the showerhead with a water-efficient model.
- Collect the water you use for rinsing fruits and vegetables, then reuse it to water houseplants.
- If water runs off your lawn easily, split your watering time into shorter periods to allow for better absorption.
- Use sprinklers for large areas of grass. Water small patches by hand to avoid waste.
Follow these simple tips and soon you’ll notice a difference in your water bill!